Wednesday 18 November 2015

Steve the Benidorm Man-Parrot

So this drawing marks the second time I've done a doodle based off of a fridge magnet. Back in February I was on holiday in Benidorm in Spain. It was an enjoyable holiday made only slightly better by the discovery of the bellow magnet. I had to buy it as soon as I saw it. At first glance it appears to be an ordinary anthropomorphised parrot but on closer inspection you can see that it has the very muscular body of a man wearing a violet sweat shirt. Characters that are half animal, half human have been around for a long time but usually they take the best parts of the animal and enhance the human somehow. Usually if you find a half human, half bird character it'll generally be a man who could fly, but not this creature, he's cursed with the muscular body of a human man but the head and feel of a parrot, can't even fly. I have no idea what the story behind this character is, I don't know if it's an official mascot in Spain or Benidorm or if it's just a random character someone came up with for a souvenir fridge magnet, but I like to make up my own stories and call him Steve.


No comments :

Post a Comment